THUNDER CANYON RULES
If you believe you have symptoms isolate yourself from others and obtain testing.
2. SPEED LIMIT IS 5 MILES OR LESS.
3. RV AND TENT SITES: Follow the designated path we give you to your site. . Do not change sites without approval. Notify any of the campground management ASAP if there is a problem. Please don’t dig, erect poles or physically modify any site without approval of the management, as there may be electric and water lines that have not been located. DO NOT tamper with the electrical boxes. DO NOT drive nails or screws into trees or picnic tables. Do not deface any of the facilities. No repair or washing of vehicles or rigs is permitted on your site.
4. ELECTRICITY / WATER / SEWER: Notify campground management ASAP if there is a problem.Use a 50/30 amp GFCI/surge arrester receptacle to protect your rig;. Thunder Canyon Campground LLC is not responsible for damages incurred due to electrical power issues. If your site has a water connection, protect your rig by using a pressure regulator
and a filter. If you don’t have water on your site you are welcome to go to any available water connection and use it to fill your water containers for transfer to your rig. If you plan to
be away from your rig for the day, turn off the water to the rig and notify management. Not all sites have sewer hookups. There is a dump station located near the main gate and at
the entry to the upper sites.
5. DO NOT PARK OR DRIVE THROUGH GRASS OR VACANT RV SITES.
6. USE GOOD CAMPING MANNERS Be kind, don’t walk through someone else’s campsite, don’t spread out onto other sites, keep your music/television low enough so that only your
campsite can hear it, keep your kids and pets supervised, respect quiet hours, put everything back as you found it, mind your trash, do not litter, take only photographs, and
leave only footprints.
7. DISORDERLY: Grounds for reservation termination and eviction from the property include: causing annoyance with loud noise, indecent language, causing damage to property of the campground or another person, trespass into restricted areas, drunken disorderly conduct, failing to follow rules and/or directions of the property staff, threatening or abusive behavior,
and any other conduct unbecoming of a family campground/resort.
8. QUIET HOURS ARE FROM 10PM TO 8AM. If you disturb your neighbors during that time you may be asked to leave.
9. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: Visitors whose behavior suggests that they are intoxicated and causing a disturbance may be removed from the campground (see #8). Thunder
Canyon is governed by Alabama laws regarding public intoxication, alcohol and drug use.
10. CAMPFIRES ARE ONLY PERMITTED IN ESTABLISHED FIRE RINGS AND MUST BE ATTENDED AT ALL TIMES. : DO NOT cut or trim trees living or dead. Do not bring your own firewood. Firewood is available at the Camp Store. Don’t burn trash at your campsite.
11. CHECK-IN IS 3PM AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11AM: Stop at the office for check in and instructions. No check-in or setup during quiet hours, (10 p.m. until 8 a.m. daily). Late checkouts may incur a $20 per hour late fee.
12. LATE ARRIVALS: If you expect to arrive after 5:00 pm, please call us by 3:00 pm on your day of arrival and tell us your expected arrival time. When you arrive, check the late arrivals
box. Gate Closes After Dark. Do Not drive to your site. You may park in the front parking lot overnight.
13. VIDEO SURVEILLANCE: For your protection and ours, Thunder Canyon Campground has video cameras monitoring the roads, laundry facility, fellowship hall, check in building and storage sheds. You may be accidentally or purposely recorded from a neighbor’s camera.
14. WASTE RESTRICTIONS: Do not put any diapers, wipes or hygiene products in the sewer lines.You will be charged for plumbing repairs if these are found in the septic pipe from your site.
15. KEEP YOUR SITE CLEAN AT ALL TIMES: If your site is left with trash OR unwanted debris upon your departure then you will be charged a minimum of $50 for cleanup fee on the credit cards on file. . Dispose of all trash in the dumpsters or trash barrels located throughout the park. We reserve the right to charge guests accordingly for any damage
they cause to the campground or facilities.
16. NO FIREWORKS, OPENLY CARRIED FIREARMS, TARGET PRACTICE or HUNTING is allowed.
17. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY OF 4 PERSONS PER RV/CAMPSITE.: Additional guests are $5.00 per person per night.
18. PETS: NO AGGRESSIVE BREEDS ALLOWED. Only dogs and/or cats are permitted. No more than 2 pets per RV site / campsite. Your pets must be registered with the park when reservations are made. No exotic pets are permitted.Pets must be leashed on a 6ft or less leash or penned when not inside your RV. You must be able to provide Proof of Up to Date Vaccinations.. If your pet displays aggression or is creating a nuisance or disturbance you will be asked to remove your pet from the campground. PICK UP PET WASTE IMMEDIATELY Failure to clean up your pet’s waste may result in eviction.
19. SHOWERS AND RESTROOMS ARE OPEN FROM 8AM TO 8PM DAILY: Showers and restrooms are located on the loop of Thunder Canyon Road. All registered RVs, campers and park visitors may use this facility when completed.
20. COIN OPERATED LAUNDRY FACILITIES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE KITCHEN/DINING
HALL: Laundry facilities are video monitored for your protection and ours. Leave the laundry area as you found it and clean your dryer lint filter after each use.
21. SMOKING: All campground buildings are nonsmoking. Do not throw cigarette or cigar butts
on the ground or into undesignated trash receptacles. Butts are an extreme fire hazard and
may be ingested by wildlife, respect your neighbors and the environment.
22. VEHICLES: Maximum of two (2) vehicles are allowed per site. This includes your tow vehicle and trailer/5th wheel or class A and a towed vehicle. All vehicles must be registered when the reservation is made. All vehicles must park within your own site and not on the
grass. There are no additional parking accommodations. No off-road vehicles (4×4, side by side, mini-bikes, golf carts, dirt bikes, etc) except those that are used by campground staff.
23. SUBLETTING YOUR SITE AND THIRD PARTY CAMPING UNITS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
Only one (1) RV/Trailer per site is allowed.
24. CUSTOM RIGS: RV’s should be in good, working condition; final determination of whether
a rig is acceptable to park at Thunder Canyon Campground lies with management.
29. CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY: Should you cancel your reservation thirty (30) calendar days or more in advance of your arrival, your payment is refundable less a $15 processing fee per site. Cancellation less than 30 days but earlier than 7 days, 50% of the payment is refundable. Should you need to cancel 7 calendar days or less from your scheduled date of arrival, your entire deposit will be non-refundable. If you NO SHOW your reservation fee is non-refundable. Cancellation of reservation during a designated holiday will result in payment forfeiture. Please note, due to our remote location and limited number
of sites, we cannot make exceptions to our deposit and cancellation policies. We very strongly recommend, for peace of mind, all guests purchase travel insurance. There are no refunds for eviction.
30. RETURNED CHECKS: A $49 fee will be charged for all returned checks and all late fees will apply until good funds are received by the office. A cashier’s check or money order will
be immediately required to recover the balance of the returned check and a personal check will not be accepted for any future payments.
31. EMERGENCY & FIRE DEPARTMENT: Officers from the Ider Police Department patrols the campground periodically. If you have an emergency:
Dial 911 AND call guest services 256-632-2103
You are in DeKalb County, Alabama
583 Thunder Canyon Dr
Weather Alerts are available from DeKalb County can be
set up for alerts during you stay
Text THUNDER to 888777 and follow the link and instructions to register for weather alerts
and receive other important updates.